Friday 18 December 2015

Walking Dress Adventures

I've been continuing my 1000 Mile charity walk for the United Nations Refugee Agency.

Ongoing updates can be found at www.facebook.com/thousandmiledress

However, I thought I'd share a few here too!
My current total is 73.8 Miles, with the most recent walk being up Weatherlam, a mountain in the Lake District near Coniston.

Climbing The Old Man of Conison with a bag full of warm and waterproof clothing in case a change was required!

Past the old quarries on the mountain

Another walk to Pen Y Ghent- one of the Yorkshire three peaks. Unfortunately it was too windy to safely attempt to climb to the top (Think Storm Desmond might have had something to do with that!) So we had to settle for walking around it instead! 


Passing an extremely peaceful and still tarn on the way up Weatherlam.

Proper snow near the top!

The summit of Weatherlam.

I'm hoping I might make it to 100 Miles for new year, although time is fast draining away to do it! Lets see what I can come up with next...

No comments:

Post a Comment