Monday 15 June 2015

A little update

Hello!

It's been rather a long time since I posted on here, so thanks very much if you're reading this! I'm afraid there's nothing new I can show you in terms of images presently, but thought I'd do a little update on what I'm up to.

I'm busy working at the Dukes on costumes for Oliver Twist- there are a couple of nice Victorian dresses I've been working on, which I shall share pictures of once the show is up and running and there are some press shots going round. There are all kinds of  other things that need making and altering, with there being a supporting cast of 13 young people, alongside the 7 core actors, so we are all being kept very busy in wardrobe!

Alongside this I'm also working on some wedding outfits for a couple I have met through my studio- they live in the co-housing community next door. Again, I won't share any top secret pictures until after the wedding in July!

And my next idea- it's in the early stages but I'm quite keen on setting a challenge for myself. The idea has sprung from the work I've been doing on Oliver Twist. We've been thinking a lot about breaking down the costumes in order to make them look aged and well worn- and my question is, how many miles would you have to walk in a dress before it looked the way we are aiming for our Oliver costumes to look? I'm thinking about creating some kind of an ambitious walking challenge for myself, just to see how many miles it really takes to destroy a hem! Madness, I know, but I'll brew the idea further and see what comes from it!

http://dukes-lancaster.org/events/event/oliver-twist-4/


No comments:

Post a Comment