Friday 10 January 2014

New Year. New Studio, New Blog!

Hello and welcome to my new blog! After a busy few years working in theatre (most recently a hectic panto season making costumes and working backstage), I've set aside a few months to embark upon a new venture. The plan is to move into my own studio and to work on a collection of creations to exhibit and sell. I want to use my imagination and to constuct unique dresses, where the main aim is to make them as spectacular and beautiful as possible, for no better reason than 'because I can'. I have a couple of deadlines on the horizon to spur me on- one being an exhibition I am staging at the Dukes Theatre in Lancaster in March, and the other being my sister's wedding in November, for which I have landed myself the position of chief dressmaker.

This blog will not just be a way of  documenting and sharing my progress with others, but also a way of keeping myself on track as I work completely independently for the first time. I don't wish to bore with an excess of description or 'thought processes'- my work is all about the visual aspect after all. Regular photo updates will be the main focus to my posts here, starting with this one, the first look at my new studio. Much needs to be done, but I can't wait to get to work !

No comments:

Post a Comment