Tuesday 14 January 2014

Yesterday in the studio

I got to work (with Ele's help) making papier mache casts of these mannequins. Once removed from the mannequins and finished off in some stylish manner (that remains undecided as yet!) they will be used to display costumes on in my exhibition. Since they need to be mounted on the wall it will be lighter than hanging the mannequins themselves, and this way I've been able to build hanging loops into the structure.

Below is the start of my Ikea fabric dress. I can't help but gravitate to the most wacky fabric I can find, and I've had my eye on this one for a while. The sketch on the desk is loosely what I'm aiming for, but I'm going to see what happens as I go along!

New desk! Courtesy of friends who where replacing it. It's found a home as a bag and helmet receptacle for now, but this will probably as I settle in.

I've also done some wedding dress sewing today, but there won't be any sneaky pictures of that on here!

1 comment:

  1. Those mannequins are amazing - where do you get your ideas from?

    ReplyDelete