Friday 24 January 2014

Back after a week away

A few pictures from my first day back after a week away. I've done a few things...

 I started sealing the concrete to make it less dusty, and managed to incorporate some fun paint lines to make a feature of the crumbling lino. This picture also shows the paper mache bodies again- one of the casts was ready to remove from the mannequin, so I cut it open down the back, and have re-mached over the join, and around the bottom edge to make it stronger


I put up some curtains, and christened my iron and ironing board! It was an exciting moment...and I never thought I'd say that about ironing! 


I also started to throw together the underneath layer of the turquoise scale dress, which I think I shall now refer to as the shipwreck dress because in the back of my mind I'm thinking of the kind of things you find washed up the beach... nets, wood, seaweed, fish and random debris! I thought it would be good to make something that I don't mind getting a bit dusty and scruffy while I finish the floor etc

No comments:

Post a Comment