Using the feathers I started cutting out of old sails over a year ago...in my usual fashion of covering a dress with millions of repeated parts!
Monday, 27 April 2015
Wednesday, 15 April 2015
Monday, 13 April 2015
I've started putting bones and eyelets in my wrist cuffs so they are ready to be decorated with scales, and have also created the base of two bracelets and a headpiece to match the scrunchy flower dress.
In other news I've packed up my Angel costume and sent it flying to New Zealand to the "world of wearable art" competition. Just hoping it gets there okay, and in good condition! It passed their initial photograph entry round, so hopefully they will still want to use it in their fashion show style event when it gets there...time shall tell!
Monday, 6 April 2015
Friday, 3 April 2015
Tried this post once and it failed, so apologies if it ends up on here twice! Yesterday I started making some things to put on the etsy website to try and sell...I've started making ruffles for a skirt, and some scale armour wrist cuffs. I'd like to explore the medieval reenactment/role play world, there could be a market there for some of my creations!
Wednesday, 1 April 2015
It's been a while so thought I'd do a little update! I've been sewing some beads onto the flowers on this dress...As well as being an extra detail they help hold the flowers in place. I've started edging some pieces of chiffon too, which shall go at the bottom of the dress.these are both quite time consuming processes but hopefully shall be worth it!
I've also updated my Angel costume as I've submitted it into a "wearable art" competition...more info shall follow should my application be accepted!