Sunday 1 November 2015

Assorted!

Here's a bit of a mishmash of my various bits and pieces from the last couple of weeks!

This Tuesday I'm doing a free drop in workshop at the Dukes! It's for adults, children, anyone! Turn up for as much or as little as you like, no pressure to be there for the start or to stay right through. Come just to watch and ask questions if you like, or take part making flowers, rosettes, badges... And I'll be sharing tips on other things you could go home and make, to build on what we do in the workshop. You don't need to have attended the first workshop either. And you can get a hot drink or something stronger afterwards in the Dukes bar! Lovely


I've been out walking in my long dress for charity...hoping to eventually reach a total of 1000 miles! A long way to go, so I'm not putting a time restriction on it, but I have plans up my sleeve to get out and about in the coming months! It's for the UN Refugee Agency, and more of my thinking behind it can be found at www.justgiving.com/thousandmiledress, or www.facebook.com/thousandmiledress. Oh, and also, for every pound donated I'm adding a new fabric scale to the dress (like it wasn't a big enough challenge!) it would be great to see it completely covered in them, let's see what happens!




And because you never know what you might end up making for theatre! Here is something I was asked to make for a student show... It's a rainforest burlesque costume (well, part of it, as well as this bra and gloves there is also a bodice, boa and pants!) all covered in leaves. Apparently the character is staging a protest against deforestation!


When we have a spare couple of minutes in the Dukes Wardrobe it's nice to arrange things into a satisfying pattern! 


Back in my own studio I'm already working on next years entry to the World of Wearable Art show in NZ, but I've kinda got to keep that under wraps for now, as with many of my things!

In the summer I made some items for a wedding at the cohousing community next to my studio... I spoke of it in my blog but never shared the pictures, so here's a few now. I enjoyed making such non-typical wedding outfits for the bride and groom!




That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment