Monday 17 February 2014

Some green things, and a new dress begins, Mon 17th

I've done more work to the bottom section of the skirt, aiming for a mossy kind of look. There will be another layer of the grey fabric underneath it, and more net so the back of the dress flairs out. I spent quite a lot of time today doing the eyelets in the belt- firstly I hammered in metal eyelets, and then fully stitched over them with different coloured threads, to make them stronger and more in keeping with the colour scheme.


Here are the earliest beginnings of the final dress I'm working on for my exhibition in March. I cut out all the pieces last summer, but then never got round to using them for anything. The next phase is to make bias binding to go round the edge of them all. Should keep me busy for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment